What We Do
The Law Firm of Faro & Portanova is located in Union City, New Jersey and provides outstanding legal representation and results to clients throughout New Jersey, including the counties of Hudson, Bergen, Essex, Morris, and Passaic. Our lawyers have over extensive experience in a variety of areas of the law, including:
- Divorce and Family Law - divorce, equitable distribution, alimony, child support, child custody, domestic abuse, grandparent rights, marital property, paternity, and maintenance
- Personal Injury Accidents - personal injury and wrongful death litigation involving traumatic brain injuries, head injuries, burns and scars, broken bones, dislocations, fractures, neck injuries, back injuries, shoulder injuries, knee injuries, nerve injuries, paralysis, paraplegia, quadriplegia, and spinal cord injuries
- Drunk Driving and Traffic Violations - drunk driving, DUI, DWI, and traffic offenses
- Real Estate - commercial and residential real estate transactions involving buyers, sellers, investors, contracts, title issues, zoning, mortgages, deeds, and foreclosure actions
- Medical Malpractice - personal injury and wrongful death litigation involving birthing injuries, traumatic brain injuries, emergency room errors, misdiagnosis, late diagnosis, medication and prescription errors, and surgical mistakes
- Criminal Defense - felony, misdemeanor, and municipal offenses
Who We Are
Firm partner Jeffrey M. Faro was educated at Rutgers University, where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in History and Political Science, and at Seton Hall University School of Law, where he earned his Juris Doctorate degree. He is admitted to practice in the State of New Jersey, in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He is also a civil case arbitrator in Hudson County, having been appointed by the Superior Court of New Jersey, and formerly served as a Municipal Court Judge in Union City. He has also been appointed as presiding commissioner in condemnation proceedings. As Municipal Judge in Union City, Mr. Faro presided over numerous drunk driving (DWI) cases and he currently represents clients charged with a variety of state and municipal charges, including felonies, misdemeanors, drunk driving (DWI) and traffic violations. He also handles cases involving family law and divorce, personal injury accidents, medical malpractice, and real estate.
Firm partner Thomas A. Portanova earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy from Seton Hall University, and a Juris Doctorate degree from Seton Hall University School of Law. He is admitted to practice in the State of New Jersey, the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Mr. Portanova is a civil case arbitrator in Hudson County, having been appointed by the Superior Court of New Jersey. Mr. Portanova focuses much of his practice on matrimonial and family law, and has represented families throughout New Jersey in divorce, equitable distribution, alimony, child support, child custody, domestic abuse, grandparent rights, marital property, paternity, and maintenance. He has also been appointed as a guardian ad litem (GAL) by the Civil Assignment Judge in a number of cases, a duty that entails advising the courts on the best division of proceeds in wrongful death cases. In addition to his family law practice, Mr. Portanova also practices in the areas of personal injury accidents, medical malpractice, and real estate. To learn more about Faro & Portanova please contact us today. We offer:
- Free initial consultations with a lawyer
- All lawyers with over 30 years' experience each
- Efficient and effective legal representation
- Contingent fees in personal injury and medical malpractice cases
- Competitive fees in family and criminal cases
- Convenient office location minutes from the Lincoln Tunnel
"Because Experience Does Matter"
Se Habla Español
Conveniently located - minutes from the Lincoln Tunnel
At Faro & Portanova, our lawyers each have over 35 years of legal experience, and represent clients throughout New Jersey, including, but not limited to, the cities of Union City, West New York, Hoboken, Jersey City, North Bergen, Fairview, Weehawken, Hackensack, Newark, East Rutherford, Secaucus, Guttenberg, Lyndhurst, Paterson, and Morristown. Our attorneys also represent clients in the following counties: Hudson County, Bergen County, Essex County, Morris County, and Passaic County. If you want an experienced New Jersey lawyer, contact Attorney Faro or Attorney Portanova today, and schedule a free confidential consultation. Experience does make a difference.